5 DIY Hydrating Foot Masks
Foot masks are a great way to help your feet feel revitalized. They're made with ingredients that can help improve your circulation, remove dead skin cells and even soothe dry, cracked skin.
What is a foot mask?
A foot mask is a product you apply to your feet and leave on for 10 to 20 minutes. Foot masks can also be used after a shower or bath to help moisturize your skin. A foot mask is a product that helps hydrate your feet' skin. It is a natural skin care product used as a foot mask, cream or lotion.
The main ingredients of foot masks are glycerine, aloe vera gel and rose water. In addition, they are combined with ingredients such as shea butter, coconut oil and vegetable oils, just like Dr Foot's hydration foot socks.
The result is an effective way to hydrate your feet and improve their appearance. Foot masks can be used before bed or during the day when you want them to look nice and healthy. This product is recommended for people who have dry skin on their feet because it moisturizes them very well.
How does it work?
This type of product has two parts: one that contains the active ingredients and another that acts as a carrier for these ingredients so they can reach your skin cells better. When these ingredients get into the micro-channel of your skin cells, they start working immediately because they contain natural substances like vitamins A, C and E, which are absorbed quickly by our body tissues. A foot mask should be applied twice daily to see results in one week or less, depending on how fast your body absorbs these nutrients into itself.
The main ingredients in foot masks are essential oils and plant extracts that can help reduce inflammation and hydrate your skin. The best thing about foot masks is that they're easy to make at home. You can use any essential oil or plant extract, depending on how strong you want the effect.
DIY Hydration Foot Mask:
1) Cucumber foot mask:
- 2 chopped cucumbers
- Half a raw lemon juice
- A few drops of olive oil
- Grind all the ingredients and make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a basin and soak your feet for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash your feet with normal water and apply a mild cleanser.
- Anti-bacterial and antioxidant ingredient
- Removes foot odour
- Facilitate newer cell regeneration
- Provides firmer skin
- Lightens skin tone
- A natural astringent and cleanser
- Curbs fungal infection
- Eliminate cracks and dryness
- Provides anti-microbial effect
- Increases collagen production
- Nourishes cracks and flaky skin
- Fights oxidative stress
- Promotes wound healing
2) Banana foot mask:
- 1/2 tsp banana
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Aluminium foil wrap
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add honey and stir to make a paste. Ensure there are no lumps.
- Slather the mixture all over your feet and cover it with aluminium foil.
- Keep it for at least 15 minutes
- Wash with warm water
- Use a crack cream or moisturizer.
- Supple soles
- Natural moisturizer
- Regulates sebum secretion
- Lightens cracks and dark spots
- Pore cleanser
- Gentle exfoliator
- Penetrates deeper into the skin
- Lightens wounds and scars
- Evens skin tone
- Contains anti-anxiety, anti-bacterial and tissue-healing properties
3) Turmeric foot mask:
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp gram flour
- A few drops of milk and rose water
- Apply the paste on your feet.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash your feet with warm water.
- Finish the ritual with a foot cream.
- Removes dead skin cell
- Heals dry and cracked heels
- Contains curcumin, an anti-septic and anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Whitens skin tone
- Protects environmental damage
- Help reduce Eczema and Psoriasis
- Removes tan
- Controls sweat and sebum secretion
- Natural exfoliator
- Contains retinol, a skin-restoring properties
- Natural glowing feet
- Reduces rashes and redness
- Treats infection
- Enhances mood
4) Oats Foot Mask:
- 2 spoons of honey
- 1/2 cup oats
- One full lemon juice
- Mix the oats and honey together and add the juice gradually.
- Apply the mixture to your feet and gently massage.
- Wash your feet with lukewarm water.
- Pat to dry and apply a moisturizer.
- Removes dead cells
- Protects from damage
- Cleanses skin pores
- Boosts collagen production
- Reduce inflammation
5) Fuller's Earth (Multani Mitti) Foot Mask:
One of the most convenient and effective treatments for fresh and hydrating feet. This calming foot pack is a mandatory addition for all beauty enthusiasts.
- 2 tsp of fuller's earth
- 1 tsp honey
- Half a lemon juice
- A few drops of water
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste gently on your feet and let it sit for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Once it dries, wash it with lukewarm water.
- Pat towel to dry and moisturize with a crack cream.
- Removes tan
- Protects from pollution
- Moistures heels
- Treat inflammation and insect bites.