DIY Bath Salt Recipes to Exfoliate your Feet
Epsom salt bath is a great way to relax and de-stress, but it's also good for your skin. Epsom salt bath has many benefits that make it an ideal bath additive. Epsom salt is a popular bath ingredient that can help relieve aches, pains, and other skin issues. It can also help soften rough, dry skin and exfoliate dead skin cells. It may also soothe skin affected by skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis.
Epsom salt is made from magnesium sulfate (with some other minor ingredients), naturally occurring in some water sources. Epsom salt contains about 30% magnesium sulfate by weight (about 20-30 grams per litre). It also contains small amounts of other minerals like magnesium, sulfur and sodium chloride (table salt). Epsom salt bath benefits constipation issues or itching from psoriasis because the magnesium sulfate in the water will help soften dry, rough skin on the body. It's easy to make your own Epsom salt bathwater home with just about any bathtub. You can use plain water or mix it with other ingredients, such as essential oils, to create your own spa experience at home.
You can opt for Dr Foot's Epsom bath salt, which contains peppermint, tea tree, lavender, and eucalyptus oil. It helps improve your skin and remove dead cells. Also, if your feet suffer from hard calluses, soak your foot in your Epsom salt water and scrap the area with a pumice stone.
Here are a few recipes for DIY bath salts for luxurious baths:
For muscle soothing:
Let's start with a basic bath salt recipe. It's gonna work wonders, especially after a long tiring day. This bath salt especially helps to soothe muscle strain and stress. It makes you feel calmer, reduces stress, and relieves stiff joints. Relaxing foot soak is also a great medicine to fall asleep.
- A cup of Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- Mix all the ingredients and pour them into a clean container.
- Pour the salt into your bathwater and allow it to dissolve for some time.
- Relaxes muscles
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduces inflammation
This might surprise you, but it is one of the most beneficial DIY bath salts. Most people in England use this bath salt recipe to reduce stress. Mustard is an excellent ingredient to open clogged pores and cleanse dirt and germs. In addition, the mustard helps sweat out the impurities and moisturize your feet inside out.
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 2 tsp of powdered mustard
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- Mix all together and store in an air-tight container.
- Add 1 tsp to the water.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes.
- Natural detoxification and purification
- Relieves feet aching
- Helps treat ringworm infection and athlete's foot
Lavender Oatmeal Bath Salt:
Lavender and oatmeal provide a plethora of benefits for your skin and an enhanced spa-like experience. Lavender has a refreshing scent that calms down the burning sensation, whereas oatmeal helps remove dead cells. Combined with bath salts, this recipe becomes the cure for foot corn, hard calluses, ringworm infection, Athlete's foot, etc.
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup of dried lavender leaves
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- Blend the lavender and oatmeal.
- Keep processing it until it becomes a fine crumble resembling whole grain flour.
- Add the Epsom salt and stir it.
- Add 1-2 tsp to your foot soak, and dip your feet for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Eliminates foot odour
- Natural pain relief for sore muscles
- A natural exfoliant
- Remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells
Essential Oil Bath Salt:
After a long day, infuse Epsom salt with flavourful essential oils if you want to pamper your feet. Feel free to be creative while baking a DIY essential oil soak; you can include any essential oil that suits your skin. There are endless options if you want a fusion flavour, like:
- Jasmine & Thyme
- Lavender & Peppermint
- Eucalyptus & Mint
- Lavender & Grapefruit
- 2-3 tsp Carrier oil (Almond, coconut, jojoba)
- 15-20 drops of Essential oil
- 2 cups of Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup dried coconut milk
- Dried flowers
- 1/ cup of oats
- Mix carrier oil and the Epsom salt and stir well.
- Eventually, add the essential oil and blend well; ensure the oil is distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
- Mix 1-2 tsp of the mixture in the basin with water.
- Add the coconut milk and oats.
- In the end, for a luxurious experience, add some dried flowers.
- Moisturizes skin
- Eliminate odour
- Nourishes sore areas in your feet
Peppermint Bath Salts:
If you think of gifting something creative this year, go for peppermint DIY bath salts. It is a gift of relaxation enriched with the goodness of peppermint essential oil.
- 1 1/2 cup of Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Combine Epsom salt and baking soda in a large bowl
- Pour in the melted coconut oil (lukewarm).
- Add the essential oils and stir well.
- Add the melted coconut oil mixture to the salt and stir to coat.
- Store it in a mason jar.
- Eases inflammation
- Reduce muscle and joint pains
- Improves stress management skills