“Sugar...Yes Please”- Top 4 DIY Sugar Scrub for Exfoliating your Feet
Sugar might add some extra calories to your belly, but it definitely eliminates cracks in your heels. Winter is a time to stay warm and dry, but that also means that your feet are exposed to the elements. Dry skin can lead to cracking, peeling, and flaking, which can be painful when it happens on the heels. Cracked heels can be painful and unsightly. They can also increase your risk of developing plantar fasciitis, which makes your heel hurt when you walk, run or jump. So, when you have cracked heels, it's time for a foot scrub.
Foot scrubs remove dead skin cells and help prevent dryness in winter. They also help remove dirt and grime from the bottom of your feet, which helps prevent calluses. In addition, foot scrubs with moisturizers will hydrate and soften your skin, making them feel more comfortable. The best way to treat cracked heels is with a foot scrub that contains ingredients like salt and sugar. The salt helps draw out moisture from dry skin, and the sugar helps draw out dead cells and encourage new ones to form.
Foot scrub creams are a great way to prevent cracked heels, but they're only sometimes available in the grocery store. If you don't want to make your own, some great options contain natural ingredients that can help heal cracked skin and moisturize dry feet, like Dr Foot's foot scrub with tea tree and sweet almond oil. This is one of the natural and best foot scrubs that gently replenish the dead skin layer and treats the fungal infection.
And if you are willing to go for natural treatment here are the top 4 sugar scrub remedies for cracked heels:
1) Sugar and pumpkin pie scrub:
The holiday season is almost knocking on the doors. It is the season of turkeys and pumpkin pies. While a slice of sweet pie can satisfy your stomach, only a few of us know it can smoothen your cracked winter feet. Sugar helps remove the dead cell and promotes cell regeneration.
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Mix white and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and stir well.
- Add all the spices and mix to form a granular scrub.
- Scrub your feet with it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with normal water.
- Rejuvenates toenail health
- Removes foot odour
- Relieves swollen feet
- Cure muscle spasm
- Improves blood circulation to fingers
2) Peach and sugar scrub:
Have you ever looked into a foot scrub and felt like smelling it or eating it up? Well, it might sound gross, but you will understand the feeling after you prepare this sumptuous-looking DIY foot scrub. Peach and sugar are great exfoliants for your feet.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops of peach essential oil
- Combine sugar and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add peach essential oil and give it another stir; while preparing the scrub, there are no lumps.
- Massage your feet gently with the scrub for 10 minutes.
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Rinse and apply some moisturizer.
- Promotes healthy cell regeneration
- Promotes wound healing
- Contains a moderate amount of antioxidants and vitamin C, prevents infection
- Eliminates harmful free radicals
3) Fruit and sugar scrub:
In a way, you can compare this to a professional fruity pedicure foot scrub because it contains the goodness of natural fruits (Apples and Orange). Any citrus smell is good to rejuvenate the senses, and the apple mash will help nourish your skin.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 mashed apple
- A few drops of orange juice
- Mix sugar and oil in a bowl.
- Pour the apple mash and orange juice into the mixture; you can also replace it with orange essential oil.
- Massage all over your feet for 5 minutes.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your feet and moisturize your feet.
- Removes foot odours
- Brightens the skin
- Contains natural exfoliants
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightens skin pores
- Controls early skin ageing
4) Strawberry and Sugar Foot scrub:
This is one of the most effective foot scrubs for cracked heels. Berries have a plethora of benefits for both skin and hair. They are loaded with antioxidants that cleanse your skin inside out. It also boosts collagen production and increases skin elasticity.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mash the strawberries with a fork and mix with sugar.
- Add olive oil.
- Apply the scrub on your feet and wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off and moisturize.
- Rich in vitamin C, soothes skin irritation
- Protects against UV damage
- Improves sebum secretion